Work for us
Pyramid is an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and we want our organisation and its audience to reflect the diversity of our local community in Leeds. If you feel under-represented in the arts, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Pyramid groups work on a rolling programme of long term co-operative arts projects, led by professional artists across a range of art forms, with finished work often promoted through exhibitions and at cultural events. We also provide 1:1 support and tuition for artists with learning disabilities, by matching them with a professional artist who works in their chosen artform.
We have a pool of freelance artists with different skills and areas of creative practice, so that our groups get to try all sorts of different things.
All group projects are co-led by an artist facilitator and a core worker, who work with us on a freelance basis. Core workers are artists who have completed the Pyramid training in inclusive arts practice. The core worker makes sure that everybody in the group is able to take part to the fullest of their ability. Artists are selected by matching the requirements of the project to their area of creative expertise.
Most groups meet for two hours per week, and we usually offer work on a termly basis (12-13 week contracts). We work with around 20-25 freelance artists in any given term.
We encourage our artists to submit project proposals for consideration, please refer to the project proposal procedure for more information on this: https://pyramid.org.uk/project-proposals-procedure/
How to apply
We want you to tell us why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Tell us in whatever way is comfortable and easiest for you:
- Writing – write a statement (no more than 500 words)
- Audio / Video – record yourself talking (no more than 5 mins)
- Conversation – have a conversation with someone you know and record it (no more than 5 mins)
- Phone call – arrange a time to phone one of our team and tell us.
We’ll want to see some examples of your artistic practice so please also send us a copy of your CV / portfolio / website link. Again, whatever format works for you and you think best represents your work is fine.
Our contact details are here: https://pyramid.org.uk/contact-us/
Things to note
- We will confirm receipt of your application, and get back in touch with you when we are next recruiting for freelance artists
- Any offer of work is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and receipt of two satisfactory references
- We would like to draw your attention to these policies, which you will find at https://pyramid.org.uk/policies-and-procedures/
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Recruitment, Induction and Training for Artist Facilitators Policy
No current vacancies.